To be awarded the BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting, students must:
- Be registered with Oxford Brookes University (i.e. opted-in to the BSc degree scheme before passing any of the three ACCA Fundamentals papers, F7, F8 and F9). Please note that all ACCA students are automatically opted-in to the scheme by default, unless otherwise they willingly choose to opt-out themselves in their myACCA account.
- Must sit and pass three (03) ACCA Applied Skills Level papers F7, F8 and F9 along with the rest of the Applied Skills Level papers either passed or exempted.
- Complete Ethics and Professional Skills Module (or previous Professional Ethics Module) within stipulated timeline as mentioned in the Information Pack (Page 20).
- Submit the Research and Analysis Project within 10 years rule and pass. The 10 years count starts from passing or getting exemption of the student’s first ACCA paper. To know more, please read the Information Pack (Page 9).
If you are unsure on your eligibility for the BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting degree, then you should firstly refer to your myACCA portal and checkout the following two (02) information:
- If you have opted-in to the degree scheme;
- Are you in compliance with the 10 years rule.
If you are not eligible for the degree programme, then it will be for one of the following reasons:
- You ticked the box on your ACCA registration form stating you did not wish to join the Oxford Brookes University degree programme.
- If you are yet to complete Papers F7, F8 and F9, you may opt back into the BSc degree by contacting [email protected]
- If you have already passed ANY of Papers F7, F8 or F9, then unfortunately it is now too late to opt back into the degree programme.
If you hold exemptions for any of Papers F7-F9, then you may contact ACCA Connect to forfeit these in order to remain eligible. This must be done before sitting any of the other core Papers of F7-F9 – once you have forfeited your exemption you cannot reverse this decision.
If you need further help to ascertain your eligibility, please feel free to contact LCBS Dhaka as per the contact details given here.
To know more about the programme, you may visit the followings:
- ACCA’s OBU webpage.
- Oxford Brookes University’s dedicated webpage for BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting.