BT/FBT – Business and Technology
To introduce knowledge and understanding of the business and its environment and the influence this has on how organizations are structured and on the role of the accounting and other key business functions in contributing to the efficient, effective and ethical management and development of an organization and its people and systems.
The syllabus for FAB/FB, Accountant in Business introduces students who may not have a business background, to the business, which as an entity is made up of people and systems which interact with the environment and with each other. The syllabus begins with examining the purpose and types of business which exist, the key stakeholders and the rights and responsibilities that businesses have in connection with them, exploring the external influences that affect the business in its environment, including economic, legal, social and technological factors. The syllabus then examines the structure and functions of business, focusing on corporate governance and the specific accounting related roles in this process, particularly in financial reporting, assurance, control and compliance. The syllabus then introduces key leadership, management and people issues such as effective individual and team behavior, motivation and personal effectiveness.
Students are awarded the Diploma in Accounting and Business when they have successfully completed Papers BT, MA and FA.
On successful completion of this paper, candidates should be able to:
- Understand the purpose and types of businesses and how they interact with key stakeholders and the external environment.
- Understand business organization structure, functions and the role of corporate governance.
- Recognize the function of accountancy and audit in communicating, reporting and assuring financial information and in effective financial control and compliance
- Recognize the principles of authority and leadership and how teams and individuals are recruited, managed, motivated and developed.
- Understand the importance of personal effectiveness as the basis for effective team and organizational behavior.
- Recognize that all aspects of business and finance should be conducted in a manner which complies with and is in the spirit of accepted professional ethics and professional values
PER: Performance Objectives
- PO1 – PROFESSIONALISM AND ETHICS
- PO2 – STAKEHOLDER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- PO4 – GOVERNANCE RISK AND CONTROL
- PO5 – LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- Lectures 24
- Quizzes 4
- Duration 4 Months
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 2248
- Assessments Self
- Business Organizations And Their Stakeholders
- The Business Environment
- The Macroeconomic Environment
- Microeconomic Environment
- Business Organisation, Structure And Strategy
- Corporate Governance And Social Responsibility
- Organiational Culture And Committees ( Continued)
- Organisational Culture And Committees
- Progress Test 1
- The Role Of Accounting
- Control, Security And Audit
- Identifying And Preventing Fraud
- Leading And Managing People
- Recruitment And Selection
- Recruitment And Selection (Continued) & Diversity And Equal Opportunities
- Individuals, Groups And Teams
- Motivating Individuals And Groups
- Training And Development
- Performance Appraisal
- Progress Test 2
- Personal Effectiveness And Communication
- Ethical Considerations
- Personal Effectiveness And Communication (Continued)
- Ethical Considerations (Continued)
- Progress Test 3
- Revision Class 1
- Mock Tests
- Review Of Mock Test Results And Exam Techniques Discussed